LANSING CORRECTIONAL FACILITY VICTIM SERVICES
Denise Haugen,Victim Services Reentry Liaison, LCF & TCF
913-727-3235 ext 57954 Office 1-866-404-6732 toll free
- Screen for visitation requests from victims who are family members for all KDOC correctional facilities and offer recommendation for approval or denial for visit.
- Work with IPO, Unit Team Counselors, Shawnee & Sedgwick County Reentry in terms of release planning, family reintegration, safety planning and recommending certain programs (i.e., Batterer’s Intervention vs. Anger Management; the necessity of AA/NA)
- Attend Prisoner Review Board Hearings to ensure any safety or other victim-related concerns are included in the information the Prisoner Review Board receives.
- Work with EAI in enacting and enforcing requests for a Cease of Correspondence if the inmate is continuing to contact the victim via mail, phone, or any other form such as a third party.
- Assist inmates in composing a letter of apology and if deemed appropriate and acceptable, it is then filed in the Apology Repository in Central Office and issued upon the request of the victim.
- Attend any Administrative Segregation Hearings if there is a concern regarding a victim sensitive case.
- Facilitate Victim Services training for all new employees at Lansing Correctional Facility.