Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools

Log in


You are here: Home / Victim Services / Financial Restitution and Compensation

Financial Restitution and Compensation

by cherylca last modified Jan 16, 2018 11:21 AM

The Kansas Crime Victims Compensation Board provides victims with financial assistance for loss of earnings and out-of-pocket loss for injuries sustained as a direct result of violent crime. This includes reasonable medical care, mental health counseling or other services necessary as a result of the injury or loss. In the event of the death of the victim, reasonable medical expenses and the partial cost of funeral, burial or cremation is reimbursable.

In addition, inmates in Kansas who gain employment during their incarceration are required to pay a portion of their wages towards either restitution or to the Crime Victim Compensation Fund.  Offenders who have been released and who are on community supervision have, as a requirement of their community supervision, the obligation to make payments towards any restitution. If you have questions about compensation or restitution, please call our toll-free number (866) 404-6732 or e-mail.

Document Actions