Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools

Log in


You are here: Home / Facilities / LCF / Visiting Information / FAQ


by cherylca last modified Jan 08, 2014 10:52 AM
Frequently Asked Questions about Visiting an Inmate
  1. I have a previous conviction, can I still visit?
    Each application is considered individually. If you have a previous conviction it does not necessarily disqualify you from visiting. Emphasis is placed on your honest and complete response to the visiting questionnaire.
  2. I am currently on probation/parole, can I still visit?
    Yes. You will need a letter from your probation/parole officer granting permission. Otherwise this fact alone will not disqualify you from visiting.
  3. Can I be on more than one inmate's visiting list?
    No. The only exception would be situations where all concerned are immediate family.
  4. I am an ex-employee of the KDOC, can I visit?
    You will not be considered until two (2) years after your employment, and then final approval will rest with the warden.
  5. How many of us can visit with the inmate at one time?
    Due to space constraints, each inmate is limited to a maximum of four (4) visitors at a time.
  6. Are cameras allowed in the visiting area?
    No. In fact cameras are not allowed on the grounds of this facility at any time.
  7. I am under 18 years of age, can I visit?
    Only if you are immediate family as previously defined, and only if you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
  8. I have a relative in from out of town, can they come visit with me even though they are not on the visiting list?
    An inmate can request a special visit for friends or relatives who are not on his list and have traveled a great distance. Several things are considered before granting the special visit request, to include: distance traveled, frequency of visits, and benefit to inmate adjustment, etc. You cannot call to set up a special visit. The inmate must initiate the request through his unit counselor.
  9. Is there someone who will watch my children while I visit?
    No, parents are responsible for their children’s behavior. Your visit may be terminated if your child is being disruptive in any manner. Children may not be left unattended in automobiles.
  10. What kind of identification do I need?
    If you are 18 or older, you will need a photo ID, A marriage license or birth certificate is acceptable for those under 18 years of age.


Overview | Visitor Information | Programs | History | Warden

Document Actions